per ITALIANO qui
Long documentaries, a docu series a blog and a web project to follow a unic speech that moves around the world
REVOLUTION in REVERSE The Trilogy:
- episode 1 DEBT & WORK: The New Colonialism (Long Documentary)
- episode 2 CONTROL: A Violent System Close the Imagination (in progress)
- episode 3 ANOTHER WORLD IS POSSIBLE: exp of alternative societies (Video Blog)
From the analysis of the present and the past, we can reach a radiant outlook for the present and the future, if we have the courage to change road and the vision to know where to go
An innovative analysis of the current worldwide crisis/revolts/control systems/alternative way of living/prospective for the future, built with alternating materials from the ground (Italy-USA-Guinea Conakry-Spain-Egypt) and intellectual reflections.
to make a DONATION and support me create new FREE videos for everyone, go to
REVOLUTION in REVERSE
ep1 DEBT & WORK: The New Colonialism
WATCH THE WHOLE MOVIE ONLINE FOR FREE (link)
Festival do Rio (Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival )
THAT’s HOW THIS PROJECT STARTED
REVOLUTION in REVERSE is the natural continuation of my previous long documentary: “CHANGEMENT: History Through Guineans’ Eyes” that follows 4 years of the socio-political history of Guinea’s Republic starting from the biggest revolt of the population against the military regime in 2007 . The whole experience pointed out that, despite the first impressions, there were many cultural/social/political similarities between my Country (Italy) with one of the poorest Country in the world, and also that there were many connections between the high standard of life of certain societies, and the daily problems of the guineans population. That left me with the conviction that, to obtain the change that guineans wished, it was necessary a deep change at the heart of the global system.
But how to change it? In which direction? With which actions?
To find a possible reply to these questions, in 2012 I went in New York to meet the anthropologist activist David Graeber and to experience firsthand the direct democracy practiced by the Occupy Wall Street Movement. The project, that at the beginning wanted to be only about the direct democracy issue, became bigger and bigger meanwhile I added new connections to the others yet created in my past.
At one point, for me it was like if every new voice I was hearing, was part of a global single voice, that was telling me the same history from different part of the world and in different historical periods …. And I started to put together the common points…
That’s how the movie crossed the US borders and took an international shape that makes different cultures talk together and collect details of small realities to insert them in the wide global mosaic
THE TITLE “REVOLUTION in REVERSE” HAS BEEN INSPIRED BY…
The is a composition of the biggest inspirations I had in the whole process of conceiving and realizing this project.
- David Graeber and his article titled REVOLUTION in REVERSE (without the LOVE in red) You can read and download it here
- Activist and people able to make free associations that noticed before me that inside the word REVOLUTION there is also the world LOVE hidden; and the one who shown me that inside their idea of Revolution there was Love.
- Thoma Sankara in particular a sentence of the speech that I heard years ago, working on the documentary Changement in which I was also using Thomas Sankara. The sentence is in the speech he made at the Africa Unity – Organizzation Summit, in Adis Abeba , on 1987
“The Debt is also the new colonialism in which colonizers trasformed themselves into “Techincal Assistants”… Really we should better say “Thechnical Assassins”
you can see the whole speech here – it’s not a good quality video, but that’s the best I found without advertising at the beginning.
This sentence was basically the one that made me decide to overcross the US border, and make a global movie – and to add dozens of hours of new materials and moths of work too. But I still Thanks and Love you, Sankara 🙂
- Activist and people able to make free associations that noticed before me that inside the word REVOLUTION, there is also the world LOVE hidden; and the one who shown me that inside their idea of Revolution there was a lot Love.
- The people from around the world who shown me, with their examples, that Another World Is Possible.